Monday, February 20, 2012

Seasoned Pretzels with Ranch

We went to a Superbowl party and had the most delicious pretzels!  I wanted to recreate them at home but didn't have the recipe.  I knew you seasoned them with a ranch seasoning packet, so I decided to make my own.  I had also seen where you could make your own ranch, so I tried it.  I have to admit that the ranch seasoning isn't the same as the Hidden Valley packet, but it still was very tasty!

First, start by making the ranch seasoning.  You'll have more than you need, but it's great for many things!  Here's what you'll need:

 

In a bowl, mix 5 tablespoons dried minced onions.
 
Add 7 teaspoons parsley flakes.
 
Add 4 teaspoons salt.


Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
Stir all of these together.

Add 2 Tablespoons of the "ranch seasoning" to 1 pound of pretzels.  (I just did it straight into the bag)


Add 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of canola oil.

Shake it all up!!

Shake it all up again :)


Put onto baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.


Remove and serve.  I think it tastes better the next day!



Ingredients for Ranch Seasoning: (from http://selfreliancebyjamie.blogspot.com/2011/08/tis-seasonings.html)
  • 5 tablespoons dried minced onions
  • 7 teaspoons parsley flakes
  • 4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
 
For Pretzels:
 
Mix 2 Tablespoons of ranch seasoning with 1/2 cup canola oil and 1 lb of pretzels.  Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes!
 
Enjoy!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment