Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling Crafty!

So while Dave was gone this weekend I decided to "nest", well, maybe I was just bored?  So I made these super cute signs for Baby Ball's room!

To go with the forest theme I made these two:


For the James one I started with all this from Michael's (don't forget the 40% off coupon and the 15% teacher discount!!)
Then painted it yellow.


They stenciled on the animals.


After a couple coats of that it got the stencils of letters.  I use painters tape to keep them in place.



Then to add a little more touch I outlined it all in Sharpie!  I think it's ADORABLE!


For the other one, because remember that my husband is a "manly man" according to everyone at my last baby shower which was evident when they made collages of him in camo shooting things.  So this one is about shooting things with antlers.  I put a moose on it because I have the moose from my dad when I was little that will go in the nursery.

Started with everything from Michael's again (it's Sunday, Hobby Lobby is closed..)

Then painted it orange.


Then added the stencils of moose, moon, star.

After 3 coats of yellow I added the stencils for letters in two segments because I didn't have enough. Don't foget the painters tape!



This one had lots of mess ups which the Sharpie covers perfectly!! The nursery is gray so I used a silver sharpie to pull it all together.


What do you think? I can't wait to hang them up!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment