Thursday, January 26, 2012

Great Freezer Meal

I love Pioneer Woman, I love Pinterest, and I LOVE babies.  Put them all together and you get a great evening!

We had three (yes...three) friends have babies within 3 days last week and all 3 were little baby girls.  We got to go see little Zoe last night and she was precious!!

But, to the point.  Five years ago when my grandfather passed away I had my first experience with Chicken Spaghetti because someone brought it over to the family.  After that, my life was never the same.  Actually, it was, but that's okay.  I hadn't remembered about it until I moved to Texas and remembered that it was sooo good.  Then I saw it in Pioneer Woman (and I love Pioneer Woman), and then.. I remembered that it's perfect to bring over to people for food.  At most times, I have my own thing of Chicken Spaghetti in the freezer and it's perfect for a night when I don't have time to cook.  And now I bring it to people for funerals, babies, etc. for when other people don't have time to cook.   I love to bring one dish over to eat with them that night and leave them with one for the freezer for later on when they need some more food and don't have time for a homecooked meal!

So, here's Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

I wouldn't change a thing about it, except sometimes if I just have chicken breasts in the freezer I use those instead of a whole fryer chicken.  I just add "better than bouillon" to the water as I'm boiling the chicken.

So where does Pinterest come in??  If you haven't started Pinterest..then don't.  Well do, but be ready to waste too much time!  I saw on Pinterest that you could put boiled chicken in the Kitchenaid Mixer and it perfectly shreds it.  There are few times that I boil chicken, but with Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti you boil chicken and then shred it.  This was a lifesaver!!!

 Perfect shredded chicken.... amazing.
The Chicken Spaghetti for them for later and the one for us to all eat now! 
Chicken Spaghetti for the freezer for the new family to have later with instructions because they're busy right now and won't remember those later!

Oh, and the trick for it being so good out of the freezer.  Bring it to room temperature and then BAKE it for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.  That's how it tastes like it was made that day!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment