Monday, January 23, 2012

All I really need to learn I learned ... from Grandma.

All I really need to learn I learned in Kindergarten  from Grandma.
When was the last time you had the opportunity to spend 4 or 5 days with anyone, just the two of you?  It’s been a long time since I’ve had that with anyone? and imagine if you were lucky enough to have that be your grandma?!
A week off from work, a husband in Canada, and Grandma came to visit. 
Dave told me to take advantage of that, to learn everything I wanted to learn from her.  He asked what is it that she does that you all love?  She’s at your house for 5 days, take advantage! And I never knew how much I would take advantage of that.
We made starter bread, we made cinnamon rolls, we made cookies (and many breakfasts, lunches, and dinners).  I suddenly had “grandma’s house” in my house.  It smelled like it, tasted like it, and had all of the love of grandma’s house at my own home.  And even better, she taught me all the tricks to go along with it, to save money and make great food.
If you ask what grandma is great at, everyone would say making good food.  She flies across the country with bread for each of her beloved grandkids, and now I have a thing of starter in my own fridge.  I’m anxious to try it and I learned from the best! 
I left her with a list of recipes to send me and she left me with many simple lessons.  She never voiced them, but she just lives her life to show them to you.
1.       Love God.
2.       Love your family.
3.       Under any and all circumstances, live your life.
4.       Be grateful for what you have.


Grandma, Me, and Dave
(Dave was out working on more wood projects when we grabbed him for a picture!)

And I think everyone should have grandma come stay with them for a few days, it’s amazing how much fun and love you’ll feel.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment