Tuesday, May 21, 2013

James - Week 3

So this was a tough week.  We had a great mother's day, ending with a huge milkshake and me deciding that James was fussy and it MUST be dairy.  So for 5 days I didn't eat dairy, red meat, tomatoes, too much caffeine, gluten, etc etc, trying to see if that was why he was so fussy.  I tried gas relief drops, gripe water, propping him up for 30 minutes after eating, raising his mattress on one side, etc.

This  is what my meals looked like..

eggs, squash, portabella, pork, chicken, sausage, carrots, grapes, bananas, sweet potatoes

and after 5 days Dave and I decided he was no better.  So, I ate Grimaldi's pizza, Escalante's queso, all my favorite things for the weekend and then... he was WAY worse.  Without too many details he has every sign of food allergies and his adorable older cousin went through all of this plus some so it might run in the family.

So, back to no dairy on Sunday.  I talked to the doctor on Monday and the doctor said no dairy and no eggs and put him on Prevacid for reflux.  Now we're at day 2 of no dairy and eggs, we'll see how the week goes!

If you know me, you know that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and when Dave is out of town I eat breakfast for dinner all the time.  Question - what do you eat for breakfast if you can't have milk or eggs and not even baked into anything?! Bacon, fruit, oatmeal?  Hmm..

squash, apples, sausage for breakfast
Good thing that James is so darn cute!!  Here are some pics from the week:


"don't call me chubby, I'm all muscle"
a friend in from out of town

my preppy boy
Victoria and James - a natural
sleeping in bouncer
sleeping in carseat
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment