Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pollo a la Crema


I haven't blogged in forever!! Oops!  Well over the 4th I found out that my 2 readers (thanks mom and mother in law) have been checking for posts - so here it goes!

My absolutely favorite dish from back home is Pollo a la Crema from a Mexican Restaurant in Kansas City called Ixtapa.  I like the place sooo much that I even had my bridal shower there! 

I of course had it last time I was home and lucky for me they had a few more details on their menu so I was able to figure out how to recreate it!  I figured out it had chicken,  poblano peppers, white wine, cream of course, and then obviously onions and sometimes corn.  I then found this recipe and adapted from there!

So, you need

2 poblano peppers (2 if you like it spicy, 1 if you like it mild)
canola oil
1/2 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup corn (frozen works great)
1/3 cup white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 chicken breasts
salt/pepper

Start by charring the poblano peppers over your gas burner.  I just set them on the burner and then once brown moved them around until ALL sides are brown.

Then put it in a paper towel for 5 minutes.


After 5 minutes remove the skin.


Then remove the inside seeds and dice them up.  Set to the side.

Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in pan.

Dice half of yellow onion.

Add onion to the pan.

Mince garlic and add to pan.


Let brown for a few minutes.  Once it's good and brown add the corn, then add the wine.  (I like the cheap white wine in the little plastic bottles for cooking)

Let that simmer down.


Add 1/2 cup cream and poblano.

Let simmer.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Blend if you want.


While that simmers, salt and pepper the chicken breasts.

Dice them up.

Heat canola oil in a separate pan.

Cook the chicken.

Once the chicken is brown add to the cream sauce.  Stir together!!

YUMMY!!! I swear it's the same as Ixtapa's!! Yay!!

Serve with Mexican rice and beans and maybe even a tortilla!

Enjoy!!





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment