Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chili - Missouri Style


I'm sure everyone from Missouri is wondering why I put "Missouri style", but here in Texas you just can't get good chili.  I'm sure it's good to all of them, but it is NOT what I want on a cool fall day.  So, I've been making all kinds of chili around our house.

What's the difference? In Missouri we put ground beef and beans in our chili and we don't serve it over rice.  Here in Texas some people put skirt steak, deer, no beans, and over rice.  Don't get me wrong, it tastes good.. but it's not what I'm after!




So, I start by dicing an onion.




Heat some olive oil.  Add onion and one pound of lean beef (90/10) and a couple cloves of garlic.




Once brown, add a can of rotel (the hot kind).  Let that simmer for a couple minutes.





Then add a can of pinto beans, can of kidney beans, can of diced tomatoes, can of tomato sauce. Don't drain any of it, dump it ALL in!

Season as needed with cumin, cayenne, chili powder, salt, pepper.



Let all of that simmer and you have some yummy chili!!

We ate it all up so I have ZERO pics of that, but serve with fritos, cheddar cheese and sour cream as you want!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment